You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Vertex Dragging

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Vertex Dragging

40oz
 Official Sponsor

13 March 2005 23:38 (UK time)

When you drag a vertex, the vertex is rougly 4 or 5 pixels offset to the upper left
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dave Man

14 March 2005 13:27 (UK time)

I don't seem to understand what your trying to say.

me_mantis

14 March 2005 19:22 (UK time)

basically you click on a vertex and it moves! before you move your mouse

Zable Fahr

17 March 2005 10:39 (UK time)

I have also experienced this bug, and would like to see it fixed. Since vertices automatically combine, it could be very annoying if you accidentally click on a vertex and let go immediately, just to see that it's suddenly merged with the vertex next to it.

P.S. Currently the game displays the coordinates of the mouse regardless of the grid; it always gives the exact position. But when I work with the grid turned on, I generally don't need to know exact coordinates. It would be useful when placing/moving vertices to know the snapped location (in other words, the coordinates of the nearest point on the grid) of the mouse.

Edited: 17 March 2005 10:43

Dave Man

17 March 2005 13:25 (UK time)

I also have experienced the "vertex drag" phenomenom but its easy to adjust for. Just follow the vertex not the mouse (of course having a non-moving mouse--scroll wheel--also helps in doing this). But the vertex clinging problem is even larger. If I accidently drop or just leave a vertex on another sector's line the vertex automatically connects to that line so when I move the vertex I effect two sectors instead of just one. This, however, can be easily fixed by reloacting the entire sector you wish to edit but that leaves a duplicate copy of the vertex where it used to be.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 March 2005 03:04 (UK time)

1: I have been following the vertex the whole time, that is the only way to get over it, but since I am so used to following the cursor, I cant be looking just above the cursor for other things I do with my cursor.

2:There should be a "connect vertices on/off" switch
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use