You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  object always gets direct shots

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: object always gets direct shots

40oz
 Official Sponsor

13 February 2005 01:14 (UK time)

Even with the weapons spray factor brought up, the enemy still ALWAYS gets a direct shot. I feel like I am playin M1 again!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

13 February 2005 03:34 (UK time)

agreed.

Assain

13 February 2005 16:23 (UK time)

I also think the bad guys notice you too well. Mabey you could make the AI more human, and have them notice you more or less depending on where you are and how far away you are.

Also, how about when on a night mission the ene notice you less, unless they have a flashlight, or they are specified in the object editor to not have a "noticing you" defeicency.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 February 2005 02:30 (UK time)

Actually I edited the XM8 to have a flashlight built on it, and to make it even more realistic, I made it so the light stretches to as far as the objects firing range, which works good in a stealth mission, I will probably implement this in a mod I will end up making
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

14 February 2005 20:33 (UK time)

Unfortunatly though, at the moment, light travels through solid objects/sectors onto the otherside, and this would make the gun look abit tacky :p. Im not sure if it can be effectivly fixed, eather.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 February 2005 03:45 (UK time)

I dont think the AI is much of the problem, I think it is just that the enemies are too hard. The only way to fight enemies in this game is to get away from their firing range. I want this game to be safe to get close to an enemy. Enemies should take pauses in between firing. Like the enemy should fire for 1-3 seconds, and pause and walk around for 1 second. Then repeat the process. I am just getting tired of fighting the enemies from a distance, and never being able to get near them.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 February 2005 03:46 (UK time)

I dont think the AI is much of the problem, I think it is just that the enemies are too hard. The only way to fight enemies in this game is to get away from their firing range. I want this game to be safe to get close to an enemy. Enemies should take pauses in between firing. Like the enemy should fire for 1-3 seconds, and pause and walk around for 1 second. Then repeat the process. I am just getting tired of fighting the enemies from a distance, and never being able to get near them.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dave Man

21 February 2005 13:26 (UK time)

Double post? Again!

Knasp

21 February 2005 23:16 (UK time)

The enemy's don't notice you at all I think.Or maybe im just holding the distance.To make them less dangerous and more alert would be better I think.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use