You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Error: Super Fast Music?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Error: Super Fast Music?

Dave Man

31 December 2004 19:28 (UK time)

I found a really odd bug. When I was playing a song (a .it to be exact), the second time it played, Meteor 2 played the song 10 times faster than normal. Why is this?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

IMYSC2000T

31 December 2004 21:14 (UK time)

If you can start your computer up again, run Meteor 2 and reproduce the error, then it may be a driver mishap. But if it was just a one-time thing, a restart will fix that. That's a sound error that happens with MODs, ITs, XMs, S3Ms, etc..... I've had that happen in WinAMP with some of those formats and with WAVs and MP3s as well.... Also, try to see if the song jumps back and forth from one part at the beginning, for example, to another part in the end, to another part in the middle, when it's playing in berserk mode very fast....

James Bunting
01 January 2005 18:34 (UK time)

Hmmm. Well I suppose it could be a glitchy IT file. It is just as likely to be the code.

M2s music code is dependant on 2 major music playback libraries (for Visual C++). It could either be a bug in one of these of my dodgey implementation.

If you can reproduce this problem them you should send me the IT so I can try it too.

James.

IMYSC2000T

05 January 2005 02:15 (UK time)

It's probably not because of your supposed "dodgy" implementation 'cuz it seems to be working fine for me. I haven't seen or heard-of (err, read about, basically - heh) anyone else having experienced that sort'a music mayhem....

Dave Man

13 March 2005 18:45 (UK time)

I finally foudn the root of the problem. When I play the xm the first time it plays normally, when it repeats, however, it goes super fast. But if I press play the song again (the play button) it goes at its normal speed.

me_mantis

28 March 2005 20:36 (UK time)

Hmm. It seems to be a problem with the actual song file. The last pattern may have a faster rps(like fps, but rows per second) and that fast speed carries over to the start of the song, making it play really fast.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use