You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  PDA Crash

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: PDA Crash

Zable Fahr

19 December 2004 18:38 (UK time)

If you load a mission in the map editor (might also work if you launch it from a campaign; haven't tried), and then load another mission in the map editor, and both maps have briefings, then the briefing of both maps will still be in the messages viewer. However, clicking on the old message crashes the game.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

20 December 2004 06:14 (UK time)

Whenever i did anything to viewing anything in the PDA it never did anything... :p. Although the "Change Resolution" menu when you click to open it up it causes a "Fatal Error", blue screen, adn CP locking up.

Zable Fahr

20 December 2004 07:17 (UK time)

Furthermore, I would really like it if both windows in the viewer were tiled horizontally instead of vertically so that one window was on top of the other and both are the full width of the screen. Currently, it's very hard to make any message title that is longer than maybe serveral words without having it scroll, and it doesn't look good if you need to scroll to read even short messages.

Just my opinion.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

20 December 2004 16:47 (UK time)

woah, I didn't know meteor2 worked with PDA's.
try editing your resolution in meteor2.ini
card = 1 if fullscreen card = 2 is windowed

Edited: 20 December 2004 16:48

Assain

21 December 2004 15:23 (UK time)

Ok ill try that. But it still gives me the ol' blue screen of death when i click the resolution menu.

Knasp

02 January 2005 10:10 (UK time)

There's another problem with PDA's in the map editor.In my map you get a PDA in the begining and another one later on, but when i finish my map and retry it i can see the second PDA in the begining which i shouldn't be able to see.Is this something about not reseting the PDA's in the map editor?

Assain

02 January 2005 23:49 (UK time)

The PDA messages are supposed to stay the same throughout the entire game, unless the proper script command purposly deletles your PDA messages.

Knasp

03 January 2005 10:24 (UK time)

I know but when i try the map i don't know if the PDA shows when i want it to because i can see it directly.

IMYSC2000T

05 January 2005 02:02 (UK time)

I think you've got PDA messages confused with level mission briefings.... The PDA messages should always appear because chances are you'd want to go back and read something you didn't pay much attention to when it first appeared....

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use