You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Air weapons are slower than aircrafts

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Air weapons are slower than aircrafts

Carl the Evil

28 November 2004 23:18 (UK time)

While piloting a helicopter or an aircraft missiles are slower than them.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
29 November 2004 10:26 (UK time)

A tough one. If the projectiles are too fast then the player does not stand a chance. When enemy (computer controlled) heicopters fire they will not move (this may not be that clear in the current version).

The basic (cheap) answer is that helicopters generally stop to attack. I am open to suggestions though.

Dave Man

29 November 2004 15:57 (UK time)

How about helecopters can only fire foward(missles can't fire sidewaise on a helecopter) that way the helicpoter has to turn to fire on the target, slowing it down. Since helicpoters can also move in a different direction then their facing the helicpoter can move and fire at the same time but it will move slower when going in a different direction when firing.

Zable Fahr

30 November 2004 03:21 (UK time)

Gee, I was just about to make a new thread on this topic.

Anyway, the idea I thought of was to simply add the velocity of the helicopter to the velocity of the projectile. Scientifically speaking this makes sense (there's a few more details that I think can be ignored for simplicity). You might also want to increase the range accordingly. To balance this, maybe the spread angle should increase. Also I agree with the idea that a helicopter not moving in the direction it is facing should move slower. These rules should add a new layer of strategy to the game. They should also apply to all units and not just aircraft, although since ground units are generally slower, it might not make much of a difference.

Enemy helicopters have to stop to shoot? So that's why my waypoint-path helicopters weren't firing! Maybe there should be a new AI type where a unit walking on a waypoint will still scan for nearby enemies, stop if a target is found, break out of the waypoint path, and pursue the target if necessary.

Assain

30 November 2004 20:55 (UK time)

How about making rockets a little faster (or allow a faster input in the varible) and when a rocket is shot in your general direction (or at all) a small message could appear where your health or somthing is and it would say somthing in like yellow like "Explosive projectile is detected!".

It would also be realistic to, cause wouldnt you know when a certin fast flying doom is comming your way?

And so you could resist rockets more, how about a "Anti-Rocket Gun/Armor" that eather deflects some rockets (Gun) or resists them better (Armor). Unless, of course, a direct hit happens on you :).

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use