You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  BETA ERRORS FOR: The super cool Afgan Beta!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: BETA ERRORS FOR: The super cool Afgan Beta!

Assain

16 June 2004 04:40 (UK time)

This is just the same message for the "Mod Project" thread that i put in as a follow-up to that rod-pictured guy's afgan mod. Just so some people will notice it ya know!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUR MOD IS AWSOME!!!! The music is really awsome and the explosion effects are even better! REALLY cool in a lot of ways that i just dont have time to write down right here. Of course, every beta must have its errors...... OK! First of all, the levels start out with a back pack... i am not sure if it is supposed to be like this... but i cant shoot at anything. and also, there are tons of powerups on the level that say on them, "File not found" or somthing like that so i cant pick them up. and the level ALWAYS starts out with me, the amaracan guy, on a hoverboard with ALL weapons and god mode that expites in 100 seconds. (?!?!)I didnt find any weapons to pick up in the levels eather, which made me more like running around doing noting. EVERYTHING looks compleatly AWSOME but i just hate how the charictars stuff is. i mean, the guy i play is talaban and i thought i was amaracan and fighting the taliban! and i allways start out (after the whole god mode crisis [should i mention that i go the speed of light on that hoverboard too?])with "0 backpacks" out of ammo sign. Poohey! Your sprites, weapons, CLOUD SPRITES (!!!), and everything else is the most awsome thing every though! Tips 4 future: fix the player and power up problums and your good 2 go!

-Assain-

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

me_mantis

24 June 2004 01:19 (UK time)

good thought

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 July 2004 15:45 (UK time)

Yep Afghan is reaaal glitchy Before i couldnt pick up any original weapons, and i tried to fix the itemdefaults myself and i got what you have. I hope the next version of Meteor Afghanistan would be better. But Im sure your working on that right now so i wont pressure you.

And i think you are supposed to be an american guy in disguise as a taliban guy. (although the disguise doesnt help you at all... )= )
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

22 August 2004 01:48 (UK time)

The Afgan beta should have been more thought out more. So un-oringal.

James Bunting
23 August 2004 23:04 (UK time)

Well I enjoyed playing the beta level, it was nice and big too.

I am personally looking forward to playing the finished mod.

Those Doom Tanks are a bit tasty.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

24 August 2004 21:33 (UK time)

Not to be all rough or anything Me_mantis but I didnt like it too much. I like the big maps though, it gives you a lot to explore, but if it had a little more detail it would be better. There are many of the same busy sprite layed out in one area. And to make some bushes look different, rotate them. this works with fire too. But tiles weren't that carefully layed out. I hope the full version will fix the items glitch, Its pretty nasty. Err Doom Tanks on the second level is a little messed up. I'm sure the full game will be sweet though!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

24 August 2004 21:46 (UK time)

Is it cool like you say? I didn't download it.

me_mantis

24 August 2004 22:30 (UK time)

Well well, I must admit that I did leave all my beta testers with a older version of my map, but I might have radicaly changed the map. I know the tilework that you say weren't layed out carefully were in the upper right corner.
I have edited and re-edited the missions(even this morning) and they have greatly improved.
im sure that you will like some of the later missions a whole lot more.
The mp map list is up to 40 maps!!!
I should be letting it out soon, but i'd really like a song that might be being made.

Agent Nightfire

24 August 2004 22:31 (UK time)

Sounds cool.

me_mantis

26 October 2004 22:06 (UK time)

so what does anyone else think? is meteor dead? will anyone ever play it any more? more random questions?

me_mantis

26 October 2004 22:08 (UK time)

p.s. If you could not finish, or the game messed up in the last level redownload it, because a newer version is online.

Dave Man

27 October 2004 13:26 (UK time)

Meteor is still not dead, I know this because I have already made a beat version of my mod for M1. Though I will now start making the mod for M2 the M1 version should come out soon. Meteor alows for easier map build for the begginers.

d34db34t

03 December 2004 01:13 (UK time)

I also placed an exit in the 2nd level because i coudnt find 1

me_mantis

03 December 2004 17:01 (UK time)

it is hard to find. Try dl ing the updated version on meteormods.com. oh-- the exit was through the tele on the bottom left corner of the map

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use