You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Issue with changing object angles

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Issue with changing object angles

Canuck

08 August 2008 17:36 (UK time)

When you change the angle of an 'idle' object using the script (using SC_SetObjectAngle), their weapon doesn't rotate with them. I've included screenshots. The trooper in the circle was facing east originaly, then I rotated him to face south, then west. His gun stays pointing east the whole time.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

ParaSait

09 August 2008 23:54 (UK time)

Lol, that's funny! If you turn him 180 degrees he looks like he wants to commit suicide XD

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

10 August 2008 05:51 (UK time)

It would look better with a weapon that can easily be seen pointing backwards.
EDIT: In future, if you save your images in paint can you please save them as .png files.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 10 August 2008 05:53

Canuck

10 August 2008 16:46 (UK time)

Like this? I changed the guy's weapon to an AK-74 and took the same screenshots. In the first one, it looks like it's floating in midair!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

11 August 2008 01:29 (UK time)

Your gonna release that mod arent you?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Canuck

11 August 2008 03:26 (UK time)

Yeah, it's not done yet though, I've still got a few more levels to do, plus testing it.

ParaSait

11 August 2008 14:38 (UK time)

Hey that mod looks nice, especially the guns =)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Goku

11 August 2008 14:40 (UK time)

:)

http://www.elitekamikazeteam.com

Edited: 11 August 2008 14:41

Canuck

11 August 2008 15:39 (UK time)

Thanks!

Dthdealer

12 August 2008 08:14 (UK time)

''Loo Tenent''??
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Canuck

12 August 2008 16:16 (UK time)

The correct British (and, by extension, Canadian) pronunciation for the word 'lieutenant' is 'leftenant', wheras the correct American pronunciation is 'lootenant'. The player is part of a Canadian special forces unit, so he is a 'leftenant'. I'm kind of poking friendly, neighbourly fun at the Americans there, sorry. Couldn't resist.

Canuck

26 August 2008 18:55 (UK time)

login to create posts in this thread.

DarkRain

26 August 2008 19:12 (UK time)

Canuck wrote:
But how did it happen?
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Canuck

26 August 2008 20:22 (UK time)

Well, if you use a script command to change an object's angle, their weapon doesn't move, it stays pointing the same direction as before.

DarkRain

27 August 2008 06:43 (UK time)

Canuck wrote:
Well, if you use a script command to change an object's angle, their weapon doesn't move, it stays pointing the same direction as before.

Aha, I get it.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Dthdealer

27 August 2008 08:05 (UK time)

But only if the object's AI is set to Idle
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use