You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  M2 MP testing

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: M2 MP testing

me_mantis

08 March 2007 19:12 (UK time)

I'll finally get a chance to MP test this coming week, so I will hopefully have a complete list of the remaining issues by next saturday.

=)

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

me_mantis

13 March 2007 18:43 (UK time)

Alrighty... I playtested my RTSS Mod, and its got some bugs that are most likely my fault, but I also played my Ravagers of Mod, and it has some issues that are caused by Meteor 2.

--> Spawning. 90% of the time, we would host on 1 computer, join on another computer, and the client wouldn't spawn... It would say waiting for spawn (the black spawn screen). Then the server computer would say "Paul(or whoever was joining) has left the game."

--> We did get the game started, a few times, but it never lasted longer than 40 minutes without crashing. Every time it crashed was when a player (host or client) activated a toolbar.

--> Whenever sectors on the map were changed, the game paused to adjust, so I'm going to use invincible objects instead.

--> Sc_SetSectorTriggerEnabled(sector ID, 0 or 1 );
This command only works for the host. It doesn't reactivate the sectors triggers on the clients games when triggered by any event.
The only way around this is if the host types it into his console, it will reactivate the sectors for the client.
Using this command doesn't work either.

SC_PassToConsole("SC_SetSectorTriggerEnabled(StaticFlags[24],1);";);

I'll be playing around with my mods, and I'll probably rerelease them next week.

me_mantis

15 March 2007 22:22 (UK time)

the game occasionally crashes when the host activates toolbars.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 March 2007 18:21 (UK time)

You already said that. It was your second bullet =P
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

me_mantis

16 March 2007 20:16 (UK time)

I figured out that its only the host, and I played my game more, so I know that it is the main issue.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use