You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Meteor 2 1.3 Beta Bugs

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 2 1.3 Beta Bugs

This is a Sticky Thread

VR_Rat

29 January 2007 01:40 (UK time)

Post any and all bugs you find with the beta here some James can fix them. NOTE(if there really is another place to tell James about bugs then ignore this.)

When crash is enable the player can walk over solids VERY slowly.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

me_mantis

29 January 2007 17:07 (UK time)

MP bugs... I'm pretty sure these have already been reported, but here we go again.

Hitting the 't' key when typing in the server name field brings up the mp time limit. I'd suggest unbinding this associaton, because its pretty easy to click on the time button.

Starting a MP game with a missing maplist starts a server and then says "NOO you can't start because the maplist isn't here."
Then you've gotta restart the game to host again.

Erik

29 January 2007 18:55 (UK time)

I tried the editors and the first level at single player. Pretty nice, no bugs as i can see. But three questions,

How do i add things to the palette in Mapeditor?
And can i move over old m2 mods to the new (M2 beta)?
And can i put in the drag-over function from the the old m2?

mike323
30 January 2007 04:27 (UK time)

You right click on the sector and choose Add to Palette.
You drag from one directory to the new one.
Drag over function? What do you mean?

James Bunting
30 January 2007 08:57 (UK time)

As far as I am aware the only thing that needs changing in mods is the gif files need to be converted to FLC. The whole "video format thing" is under review so things could all change again. FLC files are not the ideal solution.

There are still a bunch of bugs to fix up and I expect a series of small beta patches to be released over the next couple of weeks.

James

Erik

30 January 2007 15:51 (UK time)

Mike, i mean the function that makes you control your allies like 'follow' 'guard' etc :)

Edit: I got the answear to one of the questions, yes you can move old mods :D

Edited: 30 January 2007 15:52

40oz
 Official Sponsor

31 January 2007 01:39 (UK time)

No changelog?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

James Bunting
31 January 2007 01:47 (UK time)

Its all included but not actually on-line.

Well actually it is now...

mike323
31 January 2007 06:53 (UK time)

Love how the guarding AI pauses every so often now! And sector palette! Must be Christmas again!

Erik

31 January 2007 16:50 (UK time)

i know, i noticed that with pauses in guarding too, it is very nice stuff :)

Erik

31 January 2007 18:45 (UK time)

One thing you may want to change (James); the credits so other mod-makers can change them after their needs. Moddable credits would be in handy:-)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

31 January 2007 21:53 (UK time)

I say allow for additional credits, because erasing credits and abuse would be possible.

Maybe there could be 2 forms of credits. M2 credits (cannot be modified) and Mod Credits (Can be modified)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

31 January 2007 21:56 (UK time)

I agree with Papercut, let the M2 credits be as they are.

Erik

01 February 2007 13:00 (UK time)

Ok, i guess you're right. But two credits could be a solution to this.

me_mantis

01 February 2007 23:33 (UK time)

Woohooo! Cars don't turn when you aren't moving forward!

I got my first 35 minutes of mp testing in and we only had 1 network drop (the networks fault) and 1 host crash when the map changed. Other than that, it was awesome.

James Bunting
02 February 2007 08:49 (UK time)

I think a "Mod Information" menu item leading to a screen showing mod information could work well. This screen could simply be a bitmap image or something that is stretched to fill the screen. Could this be trade off between protecting the original M2 credits and showing credits for a mod?

Perhaps the actual text in the menu "Mod Information" could be custimised in game.ini ?

Apart from the credits "chat" and MP bugs (which are being adressed, albiet slowly) I am not getting many bug reports. Does this mean that there are not many bugs or that nobody is playing the beta?

James

Erik

02 February 2007 12:55 (UK time)

Im playing/testing modding of my own creations via the m2-BETA. it works fine, not so many crashes this time! :)

VR_Rat

03 February 2007 13:37 (UK time)

I thought i mentioned how you can walk over solids when crash is enabled as infantry. Maybe you should enable the crash for only vehicles unless you are implementing it for knockback. I'd like to see knockback for when vehical a hits a none moving vehicle b and they both get knocked back by the same amount.

me_mantis

06 February 2007 04:13 (UK time)

I did some mp testing, not much, but it rocked.

However, I wasn't able to get my friend to spawn in the Ravager of Time mod.. he appeared on the spawn zone and bounced around when he pressed space, but after a while he dissapeared.

There was also one crash when the level switched.

I will play it more soon.

James Bunting
06 February 2007 08:49 (UK time)

The "crash" command is a secret/test/easter egg thing, its designed for fun at the moment. Perhaps the changelog should be updated to make this clear.

We have observed problems with the multiplayer spawning after level switching. There are also some other issues to clear up with the MP, mostly related to scripting related stuff (PDA and other messages apearing on the wrong machines etc).

Jmaes

Erik

06 February 2007 14:48 (UK time)

What is crash, and how do i 'activate' it? I would really like to know :D

James Bunting
06 February 2007 19:35 (UK time)

Crash is a console command that makes vehicles bounce on impact. It is especially funny when 2 cars hit head on etc.

Just type "crash" in the console to toggle it.

James

mike323
07 February 2007 01:42 (UK time)

Well, heres some bugs I see:

- The game seems to hang up for like 500ms in a sequential pattern
- So far, two desktop crashes while reloading game data, one returned a message "Unable to allocate memory buffer"
- The muzzle flashes flash 2/3 of the time.

Erik

09 February 2007 17:08 (UK time)

thanks for the answear James. I found the same thing VR_Rat found, you can walk over solids and walk on water.

And another thing, (i noticed first after playing crash.map with crash enabled,) that airplanes can drive backwards, a real airplane cant perform that :D So just make a change there.

1up

11 February 2007 04:36 (UK time)

Not to mention airplanes CANNOT hover, with exception to the Harrier lmao.

^It all makes perfect sense. Expressed by dollars & cents / Pounds, Shillings & Pence.^ -Roger Waters, ^Perfect Sense^

Another thing, Flamethrowers DO NOT have that range!(+ the flames are more compressed in like a beam). The MLRS should not be that weak or fast firing. They are used for long-range, surgical strikes from up to 50 miles away!

PS: Harrier AND F-22 Raptor...srry
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Edited: 15 February 2007 22:31

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2007 02:34 (UK time)

I think I'm gonna have to make a meteor mod that suits all of 1ups needs =P
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 16 February 2007 02:34

Dthdealer

17 February 2008 04:45 (UK time)

*bump*
I know JB won't probably find time to fix this crash (as he is spending his time on Rod3d and M3). But meh I just want to report it.

Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 17 February 2008 05:36

1up

22 February 2008 01:12 (UK time)

things that go bump in the night? lol
wow...is it me or do units get "stuck" way too often?
turn a corner, you have to backtrack to unstick them
repeat for every time this happens = nightmare

btw, for projectile speeds etc(i am not sure if it has been noted yet) if you have a projectile going faster than the amount of )length( on said projectile (if it isnt long enough to match the speed) then the projectile has a bad tendency of flying past the target in question...without any effect
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Edited: 22 February 2008 01:14

Dthdealer

22 February 2008 06:26 (UK time)

Fast projectiles (not -1 speed) fly through walls as well.
The pathfinding for units following you also sucks.
And somewhat annoying, I came across this with Boogles, if an object drops lets say 20 objects when it dies, the game gets stuck in a loop if you have an SC_OnObjectDeath for that unit.

You all probably knwo the collision is Rod2 test sucked, well while playing R.O.T. I experienced it a few times.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

31 August 2008 06:34 (UK time)

I found a very minor bug: the message counter in the pda doesnt work right though in the old beta it was ok
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Edited: 31 August 2008 06:37

DarkRain

31 August 2008 16:06 (UK time)

PetiX wrote:
I found a very minor bug: the message counter in the pda doesnt work right though in the old beta it was ok

There are so many messages and it says that there is only one!
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Canuck

31 August 2008 17:48 (UK time)

I never noticed that.

Another minor one I discovered when I was making my mod is that, in missions with time limits, the countdown doesn't stop when you pause the game or open the menu! This bug is partcularly annoying in my mod, as almost all the missions have time limits...

ParaSait

01 September 2008 17:44 (UK time)

PetiX wrote:

For me, it even says "0 messages".
How come that I never noticed this before? o.Ô

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use