You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  Meteor Modding  \  units/sprites/pickups/ptls

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: units/sprites/pickups/ptls

d34db34t

24 September 2004 01:13 (UK time)

is there a way to clear the units, sprites and pickups menus in mods so you can have your own stuff in these menus?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dave Man

24 September 2004 13:28 (UK time)

Well, you can't clear the menus but you can create your own stuff by making pcx's and creating sprites, so on so forth.

Mod_Maker

03 March 2005 20:24 (UK time)

Does eny of u know a good sprite making program?
such as microsoft paintpro`or something like that.
!Note! Its have to be on a site!!! Its have to be a freewere.

m'kay! :D

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 March 2005 22:18 (UK time)

Wow mod_maker I havent heard (or read) from you in a while, great to have you back.

You can't actually "make" sprites, you can only make an image and import it into the game. I am using MS Paint right now. Its not very good though, it doesn't offer any effects. You can downlaod irfranview though. It is a photo editing program, which is good because it can change the color scheme of a picture, and it can change its brightness, contrast, and comes with other effects like embossing, oil painting, etc. It is completely free but I cant remember the site. Try searching for it on google. It is Irfranview
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

04 March 2005 00:54 (UK time)

I find Irfranview only useful for converting my *.bmp or whatever into *.pcx files.

Heres what I use: its a very neat freeware paint program called "The Gimp", they say its like a freeware version of Photoshop. I dont know the site, so google it, but it took me FOREVER to figure out how to get it to install correctly and load correctly.

But with it, ive made the coolest sprite for a not-so-near future mod. It has multiple layer support (cant figure out the purpose of the layers yet though), shadow/burn mark details, spark(or explosion) effects, ect. The current version has an integrated "ScriptFu" which can add some cool effects to your drawings ;).

You will NEED to read the FAQ in order to make sense of your problems of getting the thing started correctly though. It also has no help files yet, but there will be in the future, it doesnt matter though, you just put your mouse over somthing to figure out what it does.

BTW, "The Gimp" does not have simple paint options such as "draw circle" or "draw eliplse". Before you use the Gimp to make sprites, you need to sortof create an "outline" of your sprite with the magic pink BG in paint, then save and load the image in Gimp to add the fine details.

Edited: 04 March 2005 00:54

Mod_Maker

04 March 2005 14:16 (UK time)

Great i shall try one of your programs! Thx Papercut and assain :D

Well the reason i havent been on the forum is that i had a little login problem :( well now i can login.

PS: Papercut i know that sprites are pictures convertet to sprite file! LOL :D I know how to make sprites its just that the only painting program i have is microsoft paint :(
so my spirtes isent superior lol :D

ZiL
12 March 2005 03:04 (UK time)

I think you don't have experience with freeware apps for GFX, a very nice option you have is The GIMP, a very powerful tool and it's freeware. yay.

http://www.gimp.org/

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use