You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  Meteor Modding  \  Whay? Whay?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Whay? Whay?

Mod_Maker

07 August 2004 15:52 (UK time)

I did download the meteor 1.21 but when i shall play it
it are just playing the old meteor whay?

Please i am counting on you!!!!!!!!!

:-(

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Raaka-arska

07 August 2004 16:36 (UK time)

Dude the version 1.21 was just a small fix needed for a couple upcoming mods.

Mod_Maker

07 August 2004 18:00 (UK time)

I know i`d check it out after i sendt this post

Mod_Maker

07 August 2004 18:02 (UK time)

Hey James! How long is it before the M3 comes out?

Edited: 08 August 2004 15:15

LavaBall

08 August 2004 11:46 (UK time)

Maybe until 2008 Meteor 2 won't come

James Bunting
08 August 2004 22:57 (UK time)

Meteor 3, er 2005 maybe. As for your 2008 suggestion for M2 you wont be waiting that long hehe.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2004 02:49 (UK time)

2008?? Man, I'd be pretty mad if I had to wait THAT long!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

LavaBall

11 August 2004 14:32 (UK time)

2005 Is already long and i dont expect it to be longer then 2005 hey can you release a Beta or email me if you want?

my email is jeanpd@onvol.net can you send it to me or not?

You do release beta's i believe such as you release the abandoned beta Rod 3.0B or similiar.

LavaBall

11 August 2004 14:35 (UK time)

Wait a minute

let me quote a thing from meteormods

Meteor is a classic freeware shooter game with great mod support and built in editors. Meteor 2 is due for release in late Summer 2004. For more information about Meteor itself check out www.jbgames.com.

it will be released in summer 2004 right or at least a Beta

40oz
 Official Sponsor

11 August 2004 15:50 (UK time)

James say Meteor 2 beta will come out summer 2004. Not exactly sure when though. Hopefully soon. But he also says once the betas out then theres going to be a long wait for the next version. Although its gonna be a hell of a lot better!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 11 August 2004 15:55

40oz
 Official Sponsor

11 August 2004 15:53 (UK time)

So far James has only been sending Pre-betas of M2 to VIP's (Like me!) Unless your talking about M3, which hasnt even been started. At least i dont think it did.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Mod_Maker

11 August 2004 19:16 (UK time)

Your VIP people are so lucky! :-)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

12 August 2004 05:57 (UK time)

I didnt just "become" a VIP. I had to make some levels and a new mod in order to get this honor. And this is what i get in return, Oh and besides the pre beta isnt nearly as good as my mod, Theres a lot of glitches and the game can often crash basically the best part of the game (that i know of) is the map editor. But at least James sends a few updates every now and then that fixes a few things. Just wait for the beta, it will be a whole load better than the one i got now.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 12 August 2004 05:59

LavaBall

12 August 2004 07:16 (UK time)

Is M3 gonna be FPS?
if so i suggest that it won't be so good as the Meteor 1 and 2

Maybe M3 won't exist maybe but who care's anyway at least MT2 is coming along

40oz
 Official Sponsor

13 August 2004 16:38 (UK time)

Hehe I dunno if James is going to change the original "Look down - Birds eye" view. But if it does become FPS i would kinda like that, but dont change it anyway since everyones fine with the way it is.

Lol M2 is the only thing I'm looking forward to now also!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

13 August 2004 22:28 (UK time)

Hmmm....about your earlyer comment on VIPs getting a "pre beta", i havent gotten one! maby its b/ u made the final mission and other stuff. Oh BTW, your mod ROCKS! i was going to put in moving death sprites in my mod that ill start when M2 comes out, but its nice to see that some1 else has some of my same views =D. that timed boat mission took a while for me to beat to... got some quality modding skills and pacience there...

PS---- I DESPRATLY need some graphic editing skills (such as making sprites/tiles). Is there some1 out there that can help me or make a turtorial or tips on it?

PSS---- Hey James, Im up still up for helping out more with M2, if you want.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 August 2004 04:47 (UK time)

hmm... maybe not 'All' VIPs got one. as far as i know, me_mantis got one and i got one. I dont know of anyone else... Howd you become a VIP anyway? have you made a couple maps?

Thx about the mod man, I'm glad you like it! Now you can see why it took me a pretty long while to make! Its the sprites and maps is basically what took forever, making weapons and powerups were a snap. Some new units took some time though, like the cuban revenant, took some time to make a gunner.

Im not really that good at "explaining" how i do my artwork, I'm not trying to keep secrets from you and id help if i knew how to. The least i can do is draw sprites for you, or even use some of my sprites from my mod, That goes for anyone who likes my tileset and sprites. they are free for use!(as long as you dont remake my mod, and use "only" my sprites and stuff)

I want to ask you guys who have been playing my mod, I want to know your favorite:

1)Weapon

2)Sprite

3)Unit

4)Map

5)Music (if any?)

Im glad you guys like my mod and once i know this I'll be making more M1 maps even after m2 comes out and I'll know the type of stuff you guys like.

Papercut

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

14 August 2004 20:48 (UK time)

I got to be a VIP for e-mailing Voices and some "sounds" so they could be used in M2. Maby thats why, i only did somthing minor and u guys did a lotto stuff for M2's production.

My Favs on ur mod:

1)Double pistols looked kewl, but they did prettymuch as well as a single one, so i would say my fav weapon would be the M-19 (you made awsome sounds for it to! can you tell me where i can get a sound creating program?) and BTW those M-19 ene's were AS HARD AS CRAP! i would usually just throw 2 nades or 2 rockets to kill em before they got to close.

2) Your black hole mech looked cool but id have to say the cuban truck with a gun turret's death sprite was the coolest looking sprite for what it did anymation wise.

3) Black hole mech. Need i say more? (if player unit counts then the best would be the player when he is in the ene's uniform as a spy)

4)i kinda liked the map when you first made it to Brazil, after you were in space because the tilework and the overall look with the rain and night time looked awsome. But, i havent beeten the game yet so...

5)There all good!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

15 August 2004 04:13 (UK time)

1)Yep I know a lot of people who liked the Dualies, but they werent any better than the uzi, i made it a little faster than the uzi once but it cameout kinda unrealistic so i set it back.

The M19 is hot, i use it whenever i have enough ammo for it, but when i dont, I switch to the minigun. Personally My favorite is the Frag Grenades. (Besides the fact that you cant hold many resulting in them ending pretty fast.) The Colt Commandos are Hired Cuban Assasins, Theyre basically the enemies SAS troopers. Ill give you a hint in killing them, They are ALWAYS in groups of 4, so if you only killed 2 or 3, your gonna get shot from behind! I often kill them with 1 rocket, and wipe all four of them out with the minigun. But since im assuming your about at the Rhine Dam? There are more weapons to come, I know one that a lot of people will like! (I won't spoil the surprise, find the second secret level, or make it all the way to the end, its in both those levels!)

2)Yah the blackhole mech needed some detail work, but i was too bottled up with every single wasted sprite so i didnt get too much work into it. I changed the wasted sprite of the cuban truck fron the gunner just dying at the machinegun, now he gets blown into the air and falls on the top (hehe)The cuban truck was probably the most interactive wasted sprite, since all the others were just blowing up.

3)The Blackhole mechs weapon actually came out as an accident, I wanted to give it some of the Dual laser Cannon (Yellow double laser projectile) And i accidentally hit the "fire in all directions" button and it looked sweet when i tested it out. So i went to MS Paint and drew a gun with a turret in all directions and then the "Apocalypse Wave Cannon" Was designed!
The Belgian suit needed more work, if you noticed most of the weapons he holds are out of place and he can only use the shotgun, pistol and uzi. I may need to make a patch for that uniform. Other than that hes pretty cool. I hope you guys used "Unit info mode" while playing that! I was just playing my mod a few days ago and i massacred alot of them forgetting that they think im a belgian officer! Too bad they cant fire at you for doing that lol.

4)I Think you mean either Crash Site or The Conveyor Project, Im assuming its Crash Site since thats your first encounter with Brazilian Infantry. If you like that one, there are still better ones ahead! But I can tell you like outdoor levels, Ill be sure to make more of them! Unfortunately I'm a lot better at making Indoor Labs and stuff like that. Oh well I'll still get to it!

5)Good, I was afraid someone would say i made a bad choice of music. Thankfully none at all. My favs are
1.Break It
2.Faded Thrill
3.Micronos Remix
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use