Renegade Zone \ Renegade Zone \ Maps/Mods \ Installing a Mod/Map
Back to Threads
Thread is Locked
New posts and follow ups may not be made within this thread.
This is a Sticky Thread
Joined: 17 September 2003
01 November 2003 11:14 (UK time)
I get so many emails on how to install a Mod/Map so I have listed basic instructions below: -
1. Open up the .zip file for the map.
2. Read the readme (if there is one)
3. Extract the .mix, .pkt etc file to the folder :\Westwood\Renegade\Data
4. Boot up Renegade
5. Go to LAN game (or you can go to a server playing the mod and just join the game).
6. Host a game.
7. Set the players to 1 (if you are testing or playing map on your own).
8. Make sure it is NOT a dedicated server.
9. Choose the mod from the mod package dropdown list.
10. Play the map.
1. Open up My Computer
2. Go to the folder :\Westwood\Renegade\Data
3. Delete the map/mod file, making sure that it has a .mix and .thu or just a .pkt etc extension.
You need to login to create posts in this thread.
Forums system (C) 1999, 2017 by James Bunting.